I finally got my package on time for the Pi Day 🙂
And inside it was the much awaited Raspberry Pi 400, which is a full-blown personal computer in a keyboard-integrated compact form factor.
In this post, I am going to share some unboxing images and first impressions. With more posts to follow in future.
This is the complete computer right there, and costs roughly about € 110. You can attach it to a TV or a monitor, or even your mobile device via VNC.
It was ready to be used in a few minutes. Yes, that’s all the time it took!
- Love the compact form-factor. Easy to carry around, and doens’t take too much space
- Easy to setup. It came with Raspbian OS pre-installed on a SD-card.
- Impressive performance. I was able to run Blender, multiple tabs open on Blender, writing this blodpost with media, and it felt real smooth.
- Doesn’t heat up too much. And there are no fans, so silent!
- The mechanical keyboard gives a nostalgic feel. Took a while to get used to the compact form-factor and to the fact that the processing power is all happening just below those happily smashed keys.
In summary, this could be my primary computer for coming future.
P.S: This post is being created on the Raspi 400 device you see above 🙂
May the force be with us!